Hey guys! I’m Michael Waters.
I created (and now organize) YA Open Mic, a monthly series on the Barnes & Noble blog in which YA authors share personal stories. Find out more about that here.
Some other things about me:
- I’m eighteen.
- I’m an introvert.
- I’m queer. (I talk some about what this term means to me here.)
- I created the #VeryRealisticYA hashtag.
- I created Coming Out Cards.
- Up until August 2015, I ran the blog Teens Can Write, Too.
- I’m represented by Brooks Sherman of the Bent Agency.
- In March 2016, an essay I wrote won the Scholastic Emmy Laybourne Essay Award.
- My favorite Game of Thrones character is Cersei.
- My favorite Arrested Development character is Lucille.
- I sometimes worry my obsession with Veep’s Selina Meyer has begun to reflect poorly on my character.
My email is themichaelw(at)gmail(dot)com.
Click the buttons below if you want to be taken to my social media pages.